Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hidden Sunshine

I felt unaccountably gloomy yesterday. A poor night's sleep may have been a contributing factor. Or frustration over a project that ought to have been quick and simple, but instead turned out to be slow and complicated.

Grey skies weren't helping much either. The sunshine disappeared on Saturday and had not been seen since.

I wanted nothing more than to hunker down at home and crochet. By myself. (I think hormones were affecting my mood as well.) But Monday is not a day for solitary snuggling up with yarn - there is work to be done, exercise to be taken, elbows to be rubbed on the job and at home.

So I started with the exercise and took a morning walk. And on my walk I found the missing sunshine. It wasn't far away - just around the corner, as a matter of fact. It had all fallen into this tree:


And from there to the foot of the retaining wall below.

Out of the wind, where it would feel safe.


Piles of golden sunshine, the last flicker of autumn's warmth, all tucked up and hidden - until now.


I'm glad I took that walk.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

8 comments:

  1. The weather was dismal here too, yesterday. But today is gloriously sunny even if it is cooler than of late. I'm glad you found some sunshine, it does lift one's mood so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have found some sunchine. It just goes to show what is out there if you look properly. juliex

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is oh so grey and damp and dingy here - I certainly need to get out more. I love the concept of the sun and the yellow leaves . . .

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sunshine. It's a gift just waiting to be discovered. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think bright yellow leaves are my favorite!! They are definitely sunny on a gray day! I wish more trees here turned lovely shades of yellow and orange...I'm lucky to spot the red ones!! I tend to see yellow on the ginkos the most. But I'll take it!! Thank you for sharing your sunny find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. I think I must take a walk this afternoon and see which tree here the sun has fallen into. I hope I find it. And I hope your feeling of good cheer has stayed with you :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe after all that snow you still have such brilliant color, even if it is at the tail end. I hope your mood is much cheerier now! You've certainly cheered me with those golden leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to put it! You could become Mrs. Micawber Philosophy 101! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....