Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Two More Published Patterns

Is it getting old yet? Not for me! :)

My latest patterns can be found here:


Love of Crochet Winter 2013 and Interweave Crochet Winter 2014.

And here are the projects:

1. Morning Dew Scarf, Love of Crochet Winter 2013

Photo courtesy of Love of Crochet

Photo courtesy of Love of Crochet

Morning Dew features a rich and textured back loop slip stitch pattern. The long, undulating waves are created by combining slanting double crochets with standard slip stitches.

Originally named "Willowy" and swatched in a fingering weight yarn...

Original swatch in Patons Lace Sequin

...Love of Crochet chose the lush, sparkly HiKoo Tiara for this commisison.

Here's a shot of the finished scarf being blocked last June - you get a much better idea of the colour and stitch pattern here:


Morning Dew's up-and-down rows are accented with Twisted Stitch rows for extra texture:


Morning Dew will work up well in many different yarn weights. If I made another, I would probably choose a lighter yarn with good texture and a bit of grip, to make the stitch pattern really pop.

This is a project to relax and take your time with. Though it's not at all difficult, there are long stitch counts involved, so you'll want to be able to give it your full attention. (Probably best for after Christmas.) :)

2. Triplets Scarf, Interweave Crochet 2014

Twisted Stitches also play a supporting role in the Triplets Scarf. But the starring stitch is the Triplets Stitch. Here's a close-up, right side facing:

Triplets Stitch by Sue Perez
(combined with back loop slip stitch rows)

Interweave must have liked the reverse side even better, for they photographed the scarf wrong side out!

Photo courtesy of Interweave Press

The Interweave Triplets was stitched in Schoppel-Wolle Gradient, a fun and slightly pre-felted yarn that gives great stitch definition and a very soft feel. The scarf was finished and mailed in late June, in fact the day before I flew out to Colorado for Bike MS - and I forgot to take any photos of it before mailing.

But here are some photos of the original Triplets, which I designed and made for myself last November (using Red Heart Boutique Treasure):





I liked it so much I sent a swatch to Interweave, and the rest is history. :)

Triplets is a fast and fun pattern that works up quickly with worsted weight yarn into a lofty, supple fabric that really hugs your neck.

~

Love of Crochet Winter 2013 and Interweave Crochet Winter 2014 are available this week online, on newsstands, and in craft stores.

P.S. If you'd like to know more about the Triplets stitch, tune in tomorrow when I'll post some tutorial links.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

26 comments:

  1. I love them both Sue, congratulations on yet more published patterns, so clever! xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny! It's still a thrill for me. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Sue, both are absolutely beautiful you can be proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda - I feel proud and humbled at the same time. :)

      Delete
  3. Those patterns are lovely. Boutique yarn worked wonderfully with the triplets. And Willowy is just simply beautiful !!!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marta! I loved that Boutique yarn and wanted to design something to do justice to the colour changes. Willowy was a special effort in slip stitch crochet - I need to make another one. :)

      Delete
  4. I am celebrating with you, too, Sue! Your work is both interesting and lovely [right or wrong side showing:)] Thanks for sharing your creative process with us.
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your constant encouragement, Gracie. Hope that storm out West is missing you! :)

      Delete
  5. Bravo, Sue! Beautiful crochet! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just spectacular! Congratulations on being published again! The triplets (my fave) is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - of all the scarves I've made for myself, Triplets is my favourite. It's really comfortable and I love those colours - like a sunset. :)

      Delete
  7. That triplets stitch is really fun and I love it in the variegated red, orange, pink yarn you've used in your last photos.
    Well done for getting two of your patterns published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra! It is a fun stitch - I hope to use it again for other projects. Isn't that some gorgeous yarn? :)

      Delete
  8. Woohoo! Congrats! The stitching is simply lovely again, as always, and it's fun to see how your unique stitches look in different yarns. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. Hope you guys aren't catching any of that Western storm! :)

      Delete
  9. How wonderful Sue to have your patterns published in two different magazines. Your work is truly beautiful and this is well deserved!!!!
    Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shari, for your sweet words. I appreciate them so much. Hope you're all well down in Louisiana! :)

      Delete
  10. Well done you! I'm quite impressed, I admire people with vision and you so obviously do. How can that ever get old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janet. I never thought of it as "vision" ... more like "addiction". :)

      Delete
  11. I am so proud of you! I must make that last one in the colors you made it in. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I hope you do - then we can be crochet twins. When I saw that yarn I just fell in love with the colourway and had to have it. :)

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on the new patterns! I was looking through the Interweave one when I saw your name, and I'm already through four repeats of the pattern. The picture in the magazine didn't show it very well, so this post is helpful. I just love your designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! Check out my next post for tutorial links - though you probably don't need any help. I'm excited and honoured that you're making one of these. Be sure to post photos on Ravelry! :)

      Delete
  13. Love them both. Congrats on being published again. You are really famous now. :) I used that boutique yarn to make a scarf and I love the colors. I ned to warm up my hook and give your pattern a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Morning Dew scarf is fantastic ... I really wish I could crochet better! Congrats on all your published patterns Sue :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....